We offer high quality mechanical Universal Testing MachinesFeatures:
- Loading accuracy as high as + 1 %
- Continuous roll auto graphic recorder supplied as standard to enable study of the behavior of materials.
- Motor driven threaded columns for quick effortless adjustment of lower cross head to facilitate rapid fixing of test specimen.
- High reading accuracy due to large size and design of dial.
- Wide range of standard and special accessories, including load stabilizer.
- Large effective clearance between columns enables testing of standard specimens as well as structures.
- Easy change from plain to threaded and screwed specimens.
- Simple controls for ease of operation.
- Robust Straining frame of an extremely rigid construction.
- Fully enclosed & protected pendulum.
- Safe operation ensured by means of safety devices.
Testwell Universal Testing Machine is designed to perform tensile, compression, bending and shear tests on metal & other materials, both in the form of test pieces and as finished products.
Principle of Operation:
Operation of the machine is by hydraulic transmission of load from test specimen to a separately housed load indicator. The hydraulic system is ideal since it replaces transmission of load through levers & knife edges, which are prone to wear & damage due to shock on rupture of test pieces. Load is applied by a hydrostatically lubricated ram. The oil pressure in the main cylinder is transmitted to the cylinder of the pendulum dynamometer system housed in the control panel, the dynamometer piston exerts a force proportionate to the hydraulic pressure. This force is transferred through a leverage system to a pendulum. Displacement of pendulum actuates the rack and pinion mechanism which operates the load indicating pointer. Return movement of pendulum is effectively damped to absorb energy in the event of sudden breakage of specimen.